Bali, Indonesia is one of my favorite places in the world. Maybe it is because of the influence of Eat, Pray, Love starring Julia Roberts. The first time I went to Bali was in 2016 with my daughter, she was just over a year old by then and just started walking. I was supposed to go alone but I decided to take her with me instead. We only stayed for 3 full days that time and I knew it was not enough.
Then I came back with my friends last 2019, it was also a quick and spontaneous getaway from the hustle and bustle of Manila. We found a cheap flight for Valentine’s Day and we just booked it! We were not single at that time but we decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day together anyway. I can say that traveling is one of the tests of friendship. Traveling will help you find out if you want to travel with these people next time. There might be some disagreements and sometimes the other person is just too slow in preparing that you don’t want to wait for her anymore. It was a good experience checking out different beach clubs and bars in Bali and just let yourself go.
The third time I came back to Bali was last January 2020. It was actually my last overseas travel before the world has gone crazy! I came back with the love of my life and stayed there for 10 days before we have gone our separate ways again since we are in a long-distance relationship. We did not do full activities within those 10 days since we just love chilling and sunbathing most of the time. But the third time was the only time that I have made a lot of plans and gone to a lot of tourist places in Bali.
Let me break down our itinerary for you. This might help you plan your Bali travel after this pandemic or when Bali opens up again.
PS: There might be some changes in the prices already. So it’s best to check!
Bali, Indonesia Travel Guide
Day 1: Arrival from Manila via Cebu Pacific
– Claim local sim card purchased in Klook
– Meet the driver waiting at the airport for Ubud Tour (500k for the whole day)
– Coffee Plantation (50k IDR Kopi Luwak) https://youtu.be/WB3GU7xOa8M
– Batuan Temple (20k IDR) https://youtu.be/bXLJ6gva9GM
– Monkey Forest (80k IDR) https://youtu.be/D0ILF-qIjaQ
– Tegallalang Rice Field (10k for entrance)
– We decided not to. We just wanted to rest.
– Check-in at Villa Tegal Tis Ubud
Day 2: Free day in Ubud
– Açai Queen for smoothie bowls
– Ubud Palace (Free) https://youtu.be/z2BLuHYBoSY
– Saraswati Temple (Free)
– Ubud Market https://youtu.be/odccdZ83h-E
Day 3: Bedugul Tour (600k)
– Taman Ayun Temple (25k) https://youtu.be/u4zZz9MQWXo
– Handara Gate (30k)- Ulun Danu Temple (75k) https://youtu.be/zU3xoTQVtLA
– Tanah Lot (60k) https://youtu.be/Pi01-MGpFBc
Day 4: Free Day in Kuta/Seminyak
– Kuta Beach https://youtu.be/FiR2XwWuhus
– BeachWalk Mall
– Mrs. Sippy (100k)
Day 5: Nusa Penida Tour (900k with lunch)
– Kelingking Beach https://youtu.be/KdJKwVGniqc
– Paluang Cliff https://youtu.be/eJZr2jDFz5c
– Broken Beach & Angel’s Billabong
– Crystal Bay Beach https://youtu.be/T_KJClV7gX0
Day 6: Free day at OneEighty Bali https://youtu.be/Tws-kBGv2NU
Day 7:- Free day at Kuta Beach https://youtu.be/EChn2X9UuPA
Other Places to Visit:
– Goa Gajah Temple (Ubud Tour)
– Tirtu Empul (Ubud Tour)
– Wanagiri Hidden Hill (Bedugul Tour)
– Tegenungan Waterfall (Ubud Tour)
– Mount Batur
– Nusa Dua
– Bali Zoo
– Bali Bird Park
– Uluwatu Temple (Uluwatu Tour)
– Garuda Wisnu Kencana (Uluwatu Tour)
– Jimbaran Beach (Uluwatu Tour)
– Padang Padang Beach (Uluwatu Tour)
– Lempuyang Temple
– etc, etc, etc
Places to Party, Hangout or Eat:
– La Favella
– Motel Mexicola
– Mrs. Sippy
– W Hotel
– Potato Head Beach Club
– Finns Beach Club
– La Plancha
– Cocoon Beach Club
Dewata Bali Transport (Check him out on Facebook, though I think his account got hacked)
– Buy a SIM card at Klook.com or at the airport. Bali SIM cards are cheap and quite reliable for their prices.
– Always book a driver when going on tours. They will take you anywhere you want.
– Grab taxi is available in Bali but there are other places that do not allow them to operate. It is a hassle! That means you have to haggle with those taxi drivers.
– Stay in Ubud for a couple of days, I suggest that you choose a hotel with a jungle view. There you can do the Ubud tour or just walk around the Ubud Center. If you want to do some shopping, this is one of the perfect places for you. It is cheaper to buy in Ubud than in Kuta or Seminyak area. So buy those rattan bags!
– Before checking in or staying in Kuta or Seminyak, best to do your Bedugul tour after checking out to your Ubud Hotel. This can save you so much time and effort since it can be traffic in Kuta or the center.
– If you go on the Uluwatu Tour, you can check out OneEighty afterwards It is a good place to chill and I find their menu quite affordable.
Check out my Bali, Indonesia Playlist on Youtube to see how some places listed in my itinerary look like!